Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

How many of us will be blogging on this day! I didn't make it home in time to see Obama take his place on the platform but I discovered I could choke up just hearing him announced on the radio. I haven't turned on the DVR yet so I'll have to rely on the newspaper for a second "hearing" of his speech. It was so powerful as was the swearing in itself. And the National Anthem, as it so often does, choked me up once again.
What has moved me more in the last few days is pictures of the Obama family volunteering their time yesterday to help others. I'll bet the Secret Service gnashed a few teeth over that! I wonder what would happen if we all took MLK Day as a time to go work wherever our gifts are needed.
What a great day this is. It is wonderful to see someone from my home state be sworn in as vice president. I think I probably always figured that was a likely as having an African American become president!
And now we hear that our prayers are needed for Senators Kennedy and Byrd. Oh what a day.

No comments: