1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
You mean other than cursing or wishing I'd gotten off that road sooner? ;-)
On a trip home with my brother-in-law and sister, we took a county road that quickly became unpaved. At one point, we passed some very new houses and a sheriff was standing in one yard. He waved. Then we came to a place where the road took a sharp 180 degree turn and went "straight" uphill. Finally, we got back on the highway and I realized that the banjos were all in my head.
2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
I hadn't been in the new rectory for more than a few days when I locked myself out around 6 a.m. while walking the dogs. I panicked, walked up and down the road several times wondering if I could get to a nearby parishioner's house and would they have a key before remembering that the front door sat loosely in the door frame and there was a piece of flexible plastic in the trash can. Yay!
3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
I ran hurdles in 9th grade but just in gym class. On the first day of 10th grade, I saw a hurdle and ran to jump it. It took two years for someone to diagnose what happened that day - torn cartilage (girls didn't have those kind of injuries in those days, dontcha know?)
4) What's your approach to a mental block?
Well, I try to avoid them! Depending on what kind it is, I either let it go or pray for help fast.
5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
Can't I go anywhere without you guys??